We have a variety of spaces available for rent in both indoor and outdoor settings.
Pete Peterson Lodge at Lagoon Park and Gateway Lodge at Gateway Park are both suitable for large groups. Many of our community centers have rooms available for rent and numerous parks have picnic shelters that can accommodate groups of all size in an outdoor setting.
How to Rent/Reserve
- Lodges and Picnic Shelters - Call 334-625-2300
- Credit Cards are now accepted.
- Currently, we are not taking reservations due to COVID-19.
- Community Center rooms - Call the Center directly
General Park & Shelter Hours of Operation
- Central Standard 8 am - 1 pm
- Daylight Savings 10 am - 2 pm
* Please Note: Full Day rental price is applied when NOT rented between the hours listed above.
- Historical Area
- Open Space
- Shelter Rental
- Parks & Trails
Historic Oak Park is home to 40 acres of gardens, a fish pond, playgrounds, open space and numerous mature trees. Multiple walking trails circle the park, and picnic shelters and a band shell add to the allure for park users. Sheltered picnic tables and a wi-fi hot spot welcome visitors at one entrance. The park is also home to W. A. Gayle Planetarium and the administrative offices of the Parks and Recreation Department. The picnic shelters are available for rent.
Oak Park Shelters
Oak Park has 5 shelters. Numbers 1, 2, and 5 are small. They will accommodate approximately 30 people. The price is $20 for one-half day or $40 for all day. Shelters 3 and 4 are large. They will accommodate approximately 50 people. They both have electrical outlets. The rental price is $25 for one-half day and $50 for all day.
Closes at Sundown